Recently, the Nashville Predators hosted members of the media to a tour of the new Ford Ice Center in Antioch, TN. With ice set to be installed in just three weeks, the grand opening is slated for August 2014. The Ford Ice Center will be host to youth and high school hockey as well as adult hockey. It will also serve as the home base for the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy. One of the big events to kick off the opening of the new center will be when the Nashville Predators host a rookie tournament and when the Milwaukee Admirals hold part of their training camp at the complex.
Below are some quick hit details:
- There is going to be a 2,000 square foot pro shop in the building. This will be great for building Nashville’s reputation as a hockey city.
- Yes, they will be able to sharpen skates there.
- The concession stand will serve beer.
- A 15-foot smoker has been purchased so that barbecue can be served at the concession stand.
- There is a warm-up and shooting gallery similar to what is found in Bridgestone Arena.
- Overhead viewing with drinks racks.
- 22 TVs throughout the building.
- A dehumidification system has been installed to help improve ice condition in spring/summer.
- Higher ceilings in locker rooms with multiple showers per locker room.
- A half-size outdoor cement rink will be featured for street skills.