April is Autism Awareness Month and April 2nd is Lighting It Up Blue for World Autism Awareness Day. Penalty Box Radio needs your help! What we’re asking from you, our listeners and readers, is for your support during the month of April. Many of you either have friends or family members that have been touched by autism and now is your chance to make a difference in the lives of your neighbors. We have a goal to raise $750 for Autism Speaks and if we reach that goal, Big Ben and Justin have a surprise for you. But first…
Did you know …
- Autism now affects 1 in 88 children and 1 in 54 boys
- Autism prevalence figures are growing
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
- Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
- Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
- Learn more about autism spectrum disorder
Now for your reward. Not only will you be helping those in need, but once we reach our goal, Big Ben and Justin have committed to doing the hot wing challenge at Nobody’s Grille. 5 hot wings in 3 minutes. No sauce. Nothing to drink. We had a taste of these wings last night and they are HOT. We’ll also broadcast the challenge LIVE online so you can watch them suffer.
So what we ask of you is to please give. Help support Autism Speaks and our campaign. Thank you in advance!