Welcome to the “In The Corners” Podcast, now hosted by C.C. Hawkley! Season three of the podcast kicked off with a bang, as C.C. invited The Sin Bin’s AHL and Social Media Editor (and Chicago Wolves’ writer) Samantha Hoffman and Texas Stars correspondent Cameron Turner onto the show to talk about the impending AHL and ECHL seasons…and what both of their affiliate trees look like for their respective markets!
The trio kicked off the show with some updates about The Sin Bin website as a whole:
- The new partnership with DASH Auctions
- Going live on Patreon
- The new AHL video-based venture called Tape-to-Tape
- The freshly-minted ECHL Fan Guide for all the info a fan could want about the ECHL’s crucial dates and more!
- Brampton, Fort Wayne, Orlando, Allen, Utah, Norfolk, Newfoundland, and Maine
- Two ECHL squads currently have no official affiliation announced as of yet…
What goes into the announcements of offseason player signings?
And…Seattle got a big boost in their final step to secure an NHL expansion franchise
The home market segment had each guest host (and C.C.) discuss training camps, who has a chance for the NHL, and who might see some time down in the AHL or ECHL:
- Samantha: Chicago Wolves’ 25th Anniversary, Kevin Lough, players looking to crack the Vegas roster, a glut of goaltenders, and the new affiliation with Fort Wayne for 2018-19
- Cameron: Texas Stars’ 10th Anniversary, players that have impressed out of training camp and preseason (in the midst of brief bandwidth issues), names that have moved on, affiliation extension with Idaho, continued netminder success, and moving into the AHL’s Central Division next year
- C.C.: Idaho Steelheads happenings, Broadcaster Brian McCormack heading to San Antonio, Dallas Stars Training Camp in Boise for the first time, Jack Nevins getting a tryout with Stockton in the AHL, and the VERY noticeable absence of Jefferson Dahl and Joe Faust from signing announcements
The three analysts closed out In The Corners with some serious talk about mental health and concussions, and how the hockey world handled in the past compared to how they’ve handled it recently. And, with levity, C.C. eats some crow regarding Cameron’s college football team defeating Boise State one week ago.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: “In The Corners” will now be broadcast LIVE every week throughout the 2018-19 regular season! Come join C.C. Hawkley and his guest hosts every Monday night at 8:30 pm ET / 7:30 pm CT / 6:30 pm MT!
You can catch future episodes of “In the Corners Podcast” on our brand-new The Sin Bin app – available in the iTunes and Google Play stores — or through a variety of podcast sharing platforms. The “In the Corners podcast” can also be heard on our new home at Penalty Box Radio!